Monday, September 22, 2014

Vintage Darlings Snippet Roll Swap

Heidi Meyer who blogs at Sugah Beez hosted a snippet roll swap and I was so happy to join in. The theme of the swap was Vintage Darlings and the rolls were to include vintage photos of children. My photos were all found on Pinterest.

My partner was Tabitha and, as we've swapped before, I knew I'd be receiving something special and wanted to be sure to make something she'd love. Her color choice was white with touches of pink, aqua and mint.

I started with a strip of vintage dobby linen from a table runner and embellished away. I used bits of lace fabric, crocheted trim, tiny faux pearls, buttons, a MOP buckle and ribbon. It's impossible to get a good photo of the entire roll as it hangs, so I'll show the photos of each section in the order they appear on the roll, from top to bottom.
A wide strip of lace was added to the back to keep it looking neat.


And here's it is hanging on the wall before I rolled it up to send to Tabitha along with a few goodies for her future projects.

This was the first snippet roll I've made, but I can tell it's going to be a bit addictive. If you'd like to see more, you can visit Sugah Beez post here for links to the other participants.

My next post will showcase the beautiful snippet roll I received from Tabitha.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Terri!! I love the darling images you chose and the bits of treasure sewn on. Absolutely gorgeous!! Hugs ~ Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~Swoon~ I love the palette and the sweet photos! And the little rectangular button, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so delightful!! Oh how I wish my eyes would cooperate for the hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job. I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Terri- I don't know how I've missed your blog for so long. I saw the Nature's Blessing swap pages you did pinned by Heidi on Pinterest and followed the link and here you are. I could go back and comment on a bunch of your posts but I'll just sum it up by saying you've been making (and buying) some awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say that I adore my lovely snippet roll. That aqua velvet with the mother of pearl buckle makes my heart pitter patter. Its truly why i LOVE swapping with you. you push me and I always am over the moon with what I receive. Now to find just the perfect spot to display it....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of a snippet roll. Really darling!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete