Friday, October 24, 2014

A Very Merry Snippet Roll

Along with all the amazing treasure Laurie sent me for our Vintage Christmas swap (see my last post here) she sent this beautiful snippet roll. If you clicked through from my last post to hers, you may have already seen it but I'm sharing here for those who may have missed it.


I'm a huge fan of Laurie's snippet rolls, and this one made me more of a fan. I love that ribbon she used and have never seen any quite like it. The 25 stitched over the "Wish" ticket is so simple yet possibly my favorite element. Then there's the bit of flocked millinery netting in a lovely green with a pretty red and white button below.


Pretty bits of lace, fabric and trim with a few beads and net - all lovely.


The pleated trim with the red cord and green stitching is another favorite, as well as that sparkly star.


I love that dear little deer pin and that tiny red bow with the rose applique.


Pretty green buttons, a bird (Laurie always adds a bird!) a tiny doily and pretty buttons at the bottom. It may be Christmas colors, but this one will be on display year round at my house!  Thank you so much, Laurie!

3 comments:

  1. This snippet roll is just fabulous! I am in love with snippet rolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie has such a talent for using the perfect tiny scraps and treasures!

    ReplyDelete